Mailing List Maintenance, Cleaning, Segmentation
Dear Email Marketer,
We all have heard that the money is in the list and yes it is, but what happens after you've built the list?
What happens after you have a list of subscribers and you're constantly emailing them?
Is that it? No, there's actually more than that.
One thing that most people forget is list maintenance, and this is a crucial step and process to maintain the responsiveness of your deliver-ability rates, open rates, click-through rates, preventing being blacklisted by spam lists, and much more!
And many of these things can make you lose a lot of money without you even knowing it!
Let me give you an example here to make sense of this.
You see...a lot of third-party services will charge you by the size of your list. So you can imagine that there are tons and tons of people who may have a list of,for example, 5000 subscribers, and in reality they are only getting about 100 clicks.
So you want to be able to figure out who on your list is active and who is not.
So let's say for example that you are paying $45 a month for a list of 5000 to maintain, and in this case only 1000 people are really active. You see my point here? You are paying and wasting money for the extra 4000 that are not active.
The goal here in the end is not about having a big list, but instead it's all about having a list that is active and who wants to hear from you.
You need to focus and care about the people who trust you, not the people that don't, right?
Thats common sense, but unfortunatelythis is something we often overlook.
I hear this time and time again even in other areas besides email marketing, when somebody says something like, "Oh, I have 100,000 Twitter followers," but in reality none of those followers are actually communicating withthat specific person.
You see my point here? In the end it's not about the quantity, but quality instead.
Now moving on... there are many other areas of maintenance besides the thingsthat I have mentioned above that is undermining your efforts right now.
So would you like to know how to maintain your email list, increase your deliver-ability rates, protect your list assets from being deleted, andmuch more?
Did you know that most people dont take action until it is too late meaning your list has been deleted by the 3rd party auto-responder service due to spam complaints even if you are following the rules?
Sadly this can happen to you too, even if you take all the necessary precautions.
Now another different scenario is when you are using server-side email, which basically means you are emailing your subscribers directly off your website. This is a bit more risky because you are not using a web hosting server that is for email marketing, and thus without the proper experience, you could be hurting your email reputation, which decreases your deliverability rates.
So,by doing what youll learn in this course, you will protect your asset from being deleted. Plus youll increase your profits in the end as well and be able to focus on the right people instead of the wrong ones.
But how do you maintain your list and protect it from being deleted?
Introducing... Surefire List Cleaner, 9 Part Video Course
Here's a list of this 9-part video series in more detail:
- Video #1 : Introduction to List Maintenance and Tools You Need. In this specific video I am going to help you get started in understanding how to effectively maintain and clean your list. I'm going to get you into the right mindset so that you understand how to do this the right way and increase your profits like youve never seen before. And most importantly, Im going to show you how all this works and what tools you will need.
- Video #2 : Analyze Your Statistics. Before you get involved with maintaining and cleaning your list, the first thing you want to do is analyze your statistics so you have a general idea of how well your lists are performing.
- Video #3 : Backup Your Email Addresses. While this iscommon sense, a lot of people tend to forget about backing up their email marketing list addresses on a consistent basis. Oftentimes itmaybe too late when the third-party auto-responder service decides to delete your list. In this specific video I am going to show you how to properly do it by showing you examples using Aweber and GetResponse. And there's a specific way that you want to organize these so that you can easily keep track of them in the future.
- Video #4 : Test and Clean Your Email Addresses. Did you know that within your email marketing list many emails may no longer work, may bounce, maybe duplicates, maybe possible spam traps, and more?To maintain your email lists you want to remove as many emails that no longer work and might be bouncing, because emails that bounce can actually hurt your reputation. But not only that, because having emails that no longer work is costing you money each and every month.
- Video #5 : Suppression vs. Blacklist Lists. There is a specific way to prevent certain email addresses from getting onto your email list by setting up what we call suppression lists. You can also keep a banned list of subscribers you find abusive or who are bringing your reputation down. Thereforein thisspecific video I'm going to cover how to effectively use these types of lists to protect your list.
- Video #6 : Segmenting Your Lists3. Segmenting your list is very important because it's a good way to figure out who might be active, who is semi-active, and who might not be active at all. You can also segment your list into different categories, which will allow you to increase your profits down the road. So in this specific video I'm going to show you how to properly segment your list to protect your list and increase your profits.
- Video #7 : Blacklist Checker. If you do decide to run your email list on your server, then you want to consistently make sure that your email is not on the universal blacklist. These blacklists are utilized by many email companies to block out potential spammers. But unfortunately the reality is that you could end up landing on one of these blacklists, and this will compromise all of your email marketing capabilities. This is also important if you run an email list off of your website, a membership script that utilizes emails on your site, or anything similar.
- Video #8 : How to Get Off a Blacklist and How to Whitelist Your IP Address. Once you are on one of these blacklists, theemails that you send to your subscribers will unfortunately go to their spam folder. However,there is a way to fight back and get off these lists, so in this specific video I'm going to show you how to properly do this. While of course there is no guarantee by understanding this specific tactic, you will be able to protect your list and fight back. I'll also show you an additional way to get your IP address whitelisted.
- Video #9 : Protecting Your Email Reputation. Obviously by now you've learned that your email reputation is very, very important. Indeed, there are many different ways that you could actually hurt your own reputation. So, in this specific video I'm going to show you common mistakes that we as vendors or email marketers tend to makewithout knowing it.
Grab this video course and learn how to successfully and effectively maintain your email list the right way.